College Of Saint Mary
MyCSM MyCSM         Contact Us Contact Us         Directory Directory         Campus Map Campus Map         Search Search        
Share To Facebook Share To Twitter Share To LinkedIn Add This Page To Favorites Email This Page Print This Page
Information Center
Achievement Center
Express Center
Registrars Office
Frequently Asked Questions
International Student Information
Transcript Evaluations
Transcript Request
VA Information
Campus Technology
Dining Services
Campus Store
Safety and Security
Spellman Child Development Center

VA Information

VA InformationVeteran Benefits - If you have served in the armed forces, national guard or reserves or you are the spouse or child of a veteran you may be eligible for benefits from the Veterans Administration.

NEW VA Educational Programs:

Post-9/11 GI Bill – The new bill covers the cost of tuition (not to exceed the most expensive in state undergraduate tuition at a public institution, yearly books and supplies up to $1000 per year and monthly housing stipends. New in Fall 2009. You may be eligible if:

· You have served an aggregate period of active duty after 9/11/01 of at least 36 months;
· You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
· You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill. 

Yellow Ribbon is a provision of the Post 9/11 Bill that allows institutions to enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition costs above the highest in-state undergraduate tuition rate. VA will match each additional dollar that an institution of higher learning contributes toward an eligible student’s tuition cost. College of Saint Mary is participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program.

College of St. Mary


Unlimited number of students

$8,000.00 Undergraduate,
$2,000.00 Graduate,
$1,000.00 Doctoral

MyCAA (Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts) – This program is new for Fall 2009 for spouses of active duty members and activated members of the National Guard and Reserve Components.

***Check the VA Web Site for information on all educational benefits***

Veteran Benefits - If you have served in the armed forces, national guard or reserves or you are the spouse or child of a veteran you may be eligible for benefits from the Veterans Administration.

Step 1: If you are eligible for veterans’ benefits through your own service or the service of a parent or spouse, go to

You can find information about the different programs (Chapter 30—active duty since 7/1/85, or Chapter 1606—reserve or national guard or Chapter 35—survivors and dependents education assistance, etc.)

You can print out an application form (Application for Educational Benefits) and mail to VA or apply electronically. If you apply electronically, VA will mail you a form to sign, as your signature is required. It will take 3 to 4 weeks to process your application. 

VA will also reimburse you for licensing and certification testing up to $2,000 a test. 

Tutorial Assistance up to $100 a month is available to help defray the cost of a tutor is also available.

Step 2: When you receive your “Eligibility” letter, bring it to the Registrar’s Office. 

Step 3: Register for classes. Notify the Associate Registrar via
e-mail or phone 399-2441 that you have registered. 

Step 4: The Registrar’s office will certify you on-line. This can be done before you receive your eligibility letter--up to 120 days out from the beginning of the semester. 

Step 5: If you have any changes of status (go from full-time to part-time, part-time to full-time, or withdraw from classes) notify the Registrar’s Office immediately. This will prevent an overpayment of benefits. 

Other Information:

Your DD-214 may qualify you for academic credit. Bring a copy to the Registrar’s office. 

If you are receiving benefits at another institution and transfer to CSM, fill out a VA Form 11-1995 (Veteran) or VA 22-5495 (Dependent). This form must be on file with the Registrar’s office. 

Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) is designed for individuals with a service-connected disability. The VA will pay for tuition, fees, and required books and supplies, plus provide the veteran with a monthly subsistence allowance. 

You must apply for this through the Regional office. The regional office then sends the college a form to sign. This program is not handled through the on-line website. 



Board Of Directors     Employment Opportunities     Notices & Disclosures     Site Map     Website Feedback     Privacy Statement
7000 Mercy Road   •   Omaha, Nebraska 68106-2377   •   Toll Free: (800) 926-5534   •   Local: (402) 399-2400