Analytics: Turning data into sound business decisions using critical thinking, analysis, and problem solving
Students learn the use of data driven, analytical, and computing approaches for effective business decision making. These skills are developed through learning of fundamentals of business analytics, the role of analytics in business performance, and the use of tools to perform analytics in different business functions.
Business Analytics: Turning data into information
• Fundamentals of business analytics
• Role of analytics in measuring business performance
• How analytical capability is built for an organization
• Tools and techniques used to perform analytics
Research Methods: Analyzing Information
• Quantitative analysis of data using SPSS, Excel, etc.
• Qualitative analysis of data using NVIVO, etc.
• Sources of information (census, industry, government, proprietary, etc.)
• Development of surveys, focus group scripts, and other data collection tools
Advanced Business Analytics: Using information and knowledge to make decisions
• Analytics applied to complex organizational problems
• Role of analytics in driving organizational strategies
• Ways that organizations compete on analytics
• Aligning business analytics and organizational success • How organizations can create a culture of analytics