Strategic Communication: Conveying a concept, process, or data that address a strategic goal of an organization.
Students learn communication essentials for business professionals through writing, presenting, and interpersonal discussions using current business communication technologies and techniques. These skills are developed using strategies that integrate and augment professional communication skills at the individual, group, organizational, and public levels.
Business Communication: Preparation to communicate analysis and decisions in written and oral format to organizational stakeholders.
• Writing business reports, proposals, memos, and emails
• Giving business presentations, internally and externally
• Using business communication technologies
• Persuading business leaders to adopt desired actions
• Management and leadership
• Motivation, perception, and communication within an organization
• Analyze organizational behavior scenarios
• Impact of technology on organizational change
• Corporate culture, teamwork, and organizational ethics
• Communication in local versus global organizations