Impress Your Peers with Your Presentation Skills
Join our speech team to compete and lead
College of Saint Mary offers you the opportunity to join our speech team! Have fun, compete and receive a participation award that increases in amount each year you participate.
Since 2010, the College of Saint Mary speech team has competed in tournaments hosted by area colleges each semester. Participants also earn one credit hour per semester of participation. Preference is given to students who competed with their high school speech teams.
- Register for COM 140 Intercollegiate Forensics each semester (1 credit hour).
- Compete in four (4) regular-season tournaments (two weekends) per semester.
- Compete in the Nebraska Intercollegiate Forensics Association tournament in the spring semester.
- Compete in at least two events each tournament.
- Attend all weekly practices in entirety on the designated evening unless excused in advance by the coach.
- Work on your events outside the weekly team meeting.
Continuation of award from first semester to second semester and year to year is contingent upon successfully meeting these expectations and maintaining a 2.5 GPA