College Of Saint Mary
MyCSM MyCSM         Contact Us Contact Us         Directory Directory         Campus Map Campus Map         Search Search        
Share To Facebook Share To Twitter Share To LinkedIn Add This Page To Favorites Email This Page Print This Page
Academic Programs
Admissions Information
Articulation Agreements
Calculate Your Scholarship
Campus Visit Information
CSM's Scorecard
Express Center
Financial Aid
What is the value of a CSM education?
Scholarship and Grant Opportunities
Case Studies
What is EFC?
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Glossary of Terms
Entrance & Exit Counseling
Master Promissory Note
Outside Scholarships
Speech Awards
Types of Financial Aid
Marie Curie Scholars Program
Student Accounts

Types of Financial Aid

Types Of Financial AidCollege
of Saint Mary offers a variety of student financial aid from institutional, federal, and state sources. Scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study are available individually or in combination to assist with the cost of attending College of Saint Mary. 

Institutional resources
CSM Institutional Scholarships and Grants: Qualified, full-time, undergraduate students (both high school and transfer) may be eligible to receive College of Saint Mary funded scholarships. Financial Aid Grants are awarded to qualified full-time students with financial need.

Athletic Scholarships:
Full-time students who excel in basketball, cross-country, golf, soccer, softball, swimming, or volleyball may receive a scholarship in that sport. These scholarships are determined by both athletic talent as well as the teamsí need for players and are awarded on an annual basis.

State sources
Nebraska Opportunity Grant (NOG): is awarded to Pell-eligible, full-time undergraduate students based on financial need. Students must be Nebraska residents. State scholarships may also be available to students from states other than Nebraska.
See for information on scholarships for students from other states.

Federal resources
Federal grants

  • Federal Pell Grant is awarded according to rules set by Federal law to students who file the FAFSA and meet high-need qualifications.
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is awarded to Pell-eligible, full-time undergraduate students with exceptional financial need.
  • Federal TEACH grant is awarded to junior and senior level undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in a teacher education program deemed high need by federal or state government. Grant recipient must fulfill a contract to work as a full-time teacher in a high-need field in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves low-income students to prevent the grant from becoming unsubsidized Stafford loan. See for more information on the TEACH Grant and to apply.

Federal work-study program

  • Federal Work-Study Program provides part-time on-campus employment while enrolled full time in school. Funds are received in a monthly paycheck for hours worked.

Federal student and parent loans

  • Federal Perkins Loan is a subsidized loan for students enrolled full time with high financial need.
  • Federal Direct Stafford loans: Undergraduate, graduate, and professional students enrolled at least half time (six credit hours) may be eligible for subsidized and/or unsubsidized Stafford loans.
    • Subsidized Stafford Loans are awarded to students based on financial need. The US Department of Education pays the interest while the student is in school at least half-time.
    • Unsubsidized Stafford Loans are not based on financial need. Interest accrues on this loan immediately upon disbursement.
  • Federal Direct PLUS loan is a credit-based, non-need based loan for parents of dependent undergraduate students enrolled at least half time.
  • Federal Direct Graduate and Professional PLUS loan is a credit-based, non-need based loan for students enrolled at least half time in a graduate or professional academic program. 
  • Nursing Loans are available to CSM nursing students. Loans are awarded to qualified full time students that show financial need.  
  • For repayment options and sample loan payments see

Alternative loans
Alternative loans are credit-based loans that students may apply for from private lenders. Loan terms, including fees, interest rates, creditworthiness, and repayment, are set by the individual lender making the loan. The loan amount is subject to Cost of Attendance limits. Click here for more information on alternative borrowing regulations and the self-certification form.

Outside resources
Students who receive outside scholarships, veteran benefits, vocational rehabilitation or any other outside assistance should inform the College as early as possible. It is important that Financial Aid be notified of outside assistance, as it will be considered in the financial aid process. Under no circumstances may a student's total aid exceed the total cost of attendance. 

Veteran benefits:
College of Saint Mary is approved for the training of veterans and their dependents. More detailed information about this program visit Any student who is eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Veteransí Affairs should contact the Registrarís Office.

ROTC: Reserve officer training scholarships are available through the Army, Air Force, and Navy. Military scholarship recipients will have a service obligation in either the reserves or active duty after graduating from college. 

Vocational rehabilitation programs:
The Department of Educationís Rehabilitation Services Administration provides grants to state vocational rehabilitation agencies to help individuals with disabilities to obtain employment and live more independently. State vocational rehabilitation agencies are listed in the state government section of the telephone book.

National and community service program that provides funding for education. Individuals may work before, during, or after their postsecondary education and can use the funds either to pay current or future education expenses or to repay federal student loans. Participants must be at least 17 years old and be U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent residents. For more information, go to

Job training: The U.S. Department of Labor administers the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) through the states. Participants have access to preparation for postsecondary education and/or job training. For a list of state WIA contacts or for general information, visit Nebraska residents should visit

Health professions: The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) administers several programs for undergraduate students. For more information on financial aid programs administered by HHS visit

Board Of Directors     Employment Opportunities     Notices & Disclosures     Site Map     Website Feedback     Privacy Statement
7000 Mercy Road   •   Omaha, Nebraska 68106-2377   •   Toll Free: (800) 926-5534   •   Local: (402) 399-2400