Mission and Duties
The purpose of Student Senate is to:
- Create, promote and encourage a sense of cooperation between students, faculty and administration.
- Create a sense of responsibility for student duties and obligations, as well as for student rights and privileges.
- Provide an opportunity for the continuing development of responsible leadership.
- Be the CSM student voice on college-wide committees and task forces.
- Student Senate meets every Monday at 1 P.M. in room 126 in the Hixson Lied Commons
- The first portion of each meeting is dedicated to Senate business; the other half is allotted for individual committee meetings
- Meetings are open to all CSM students
All Senators are required to spend one-hour in the Student Senate office each week; any student may use this time to interact with Senate members.
- Each committee has a Chair that is responsible for making sure all of the duties/activities are carried out
Organize and facilitate all elections for the year including:
- Queen of Hearts Elections
- Senate appointments
- Job Well Done awards for Fall and Spring Semesters
- Senate and non-Senate grants
Campus Issues Committee
- Organize and facilitate the President's Live each semester
- Plan Recognition Day in conjunction with Elections
- Create, distribute, and tabulate the campus–wide survey
- Meet with students to answer their questions or support ideas they may have
Queen of Hearts Committee
- Responsible for planning the annual Queen of Hearts Celebration
Community Spirit Committee
- Plans Spirit games to support all teams
- Plans one community service project each semester for Student Senate
- Plans Casino Night for Welcome Days
|Kallie McDermott - Executive
Erika Diaz - Secretary
Maryann Forsell - Executive
Hixson-Lied Commons, Room 138