Mothers Living & Learning
College of Saint Mary is home to one of the most renowned and progressive college programs for single mothers. Mothers Living & Learning makes it possible for single mothers to earn their degrees while living on campus with children ages six weeks to 12. Mothers Living & Learning resident students have access to all of the resources and opportunities on our campus plus our unique Single Parent Success program.
Bring your child to live and grow with you on campus.
- Support of advisors, faculty and staff whose goal is to help you to succeed — including our director of single parent success.
- Suite-style living in Madonna Hall — complete with community lounges, kitchens and FREE laundry services.
- Special courses and workshops designed to enhance your living and learning experience, provide parenting strategies and give you the tools to assist you in setting and reaching goals that are important to you.
- Leadership opportunities through our Student Leadership and Organizations Office.
- The Spellman Child Development Center available conveniently on our campus!
Stacey Flowers - A College of Saint Mary Success Story
At the young age of 17, Stacey became a mom and thought her only option was to drop out of high school - that is, until she learned about the Mothers Living & Learning program at College of Saint Mary. Because of this program, and because of the college's openness to helping all women get a quality education, she went on to graduate high school and get her college degree. Today, she is a strong, proud and confident woman, encouraging her son, family and others to look to College of Saint Mary for guidance. Stacey is a true testament to what the college can and will do for every woman - no matter what.
The program has gained national attention through a story in the Omaha World-Herald that was picked up by more than 50 media outlets across the U.S. including the San Francisco Chronicle, Washington Times, USA Today and Florida Today. Read the full story here.