Find the Career that Fulfills
Career Exploration, Development, and Readiness
Student Success offers students resources designed for career exploration and development of life-long career skills. Students can expect to gain the tools necessary to make career decisions, connect with employment opportunities and plan for their future.
Schedule a Career Appointment
The Student Success Advisors are here to work with you through your career journey – whether you are a new student exploring part-time job options, updating your resume, or searching for jobs as a senior, we got you! Email studentsuccess [at] csm.edu to schedule an appointment. Some common meeting topics include:
- Career Exploration (What Can I Do With My Major?)
- Job Search Strategies – including how to set up and use Handshake
- Resume Review
- Interview Practice
Student Employment and Job Board (Handshake)
Students looking for on-campus, off-campus, part-time or full-time employment can take advantage of our job board through Handshake by using their CSM email and password to login found on MyCSM.
If you’re looking for work-study positions, please visit MyCSM.
CSM hosts a variety of career events for students, all are welcome!
- Employer Snapshot: Once a week, CSM will host a local employer on campus. Stop by to chat with a representative, learn more about their organization and current open positions!
- Keep an eye on the CSM App and your email for upcoming career events and workshops.
CSM welcomes employer involvement and provides several to enhance your brand with our students:
- Register on CSM's job board, Handshake. Post your jobs and internships for free.
- Sign up for Employer Snapshot, where you can come to campus and connect with students in person.
Resources & Guides
- MyPlan is CSM's major and career exploration tool. Complete assessments on your personality, interests, values, and skills to learn more about your best-fit occupations. Please use the code GFGDCRPE to complete the assessments for free. Schedule an appointment with a student success adviser to discuss your results and next steps.
- Utilize this Resume Guidebook for guidance on various components of your resume.
- InternNE is the premier source for paid internships across the state of Nebraska. Scroll through the list or enter keywords in your area of interest to view available paid internships.
- O*Net contains information on hundreds of standardized and occupation-specific descriptors and is continually updated by surveying a broad range of workers from each occupation. Information from this freely available database forms the heart of O*NET Online, the interactive application for exploring and searching occupations.