The Forensic Science Minor
Combine a minor in forensic science with a major in biology, chemistry or natural science, and you will develop a strong background for a career in the fields of law, criminal justice, psychology, forensic nursing, medicine and many others. Under the leadership of the biology department, you will attend lectures, practice laboratory work and learn fieldwork.
To earn a minor in forensic science, you must successfully complete:
- Survey of Biology and Survey of Biology Lab
- General Biology and General Biology Lab
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology and Anatomy and Physiology Lab (or a higher level version of anatomy and physiology coursework and lab)
- Forensic Science
- Advanced Forensic Science
- 6 additional credit hours selected from the following courses — Introduction to Field Biology and Field Biology, Introduction to Toxicology, Environmental Biology and Environmental Biology Lab, Forensic Psychology or Lab Fundamentals of Chemistry.