Applying for Financial Aid
We're Here to Assist You
Applying for financial aid can seem intimidating, but we are here to guide you through the process, answer your questions and assist you at any time. You can reach the financial aid office at (800) 926-5534, ext. 2362, (402) 399-2362.
The first step to obtaining financial aid is to complete the Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov. Just follow the steps below to apply for financial aid:
- Apply for your U.S. Department of Education personal identification number (PIN) at pin.ed.gov to use as your electronic signature. If you are a dependent, your parents will also need a PIN from this site.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov. Submit the FAFSA between January 1 and March 15 to receive full consideration for all available financial assistance. College of Saint Mary’s federal school code is 002540.
- Apply and be accepted to a degree or certificate program at College of Saint Mary.
- Once you submit your FAFSA, you will receive your Student Aid Report (SAR). Verify all information. If you included the College of Saint Mary federal school code on your FAFSA application, we will also receive a copy to help us determine your financial aid package.
- In the meantime, research and apply for private scholarships and grants that you might qualify to receive. Check with your high school guidance counselor and check various online sources.
- Upon receiving your financial aid award letter from College of Saint Mary, you must review, sign and return it to our Financial Aid Office. This letter will indicate all programs you are eligible for, including scholarships, grants, loans and work-study opportunities. You must also compete any other forms as required and provide required documentation to complete your financial aid file. Your admissions counselor will contact you within a few days after you receive this letter to discuss your aid and answer questions you may have.
- Complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov.
- Complete your Semester Financial Arrangements (SFA) with College of Saint Mary. You must submit all required financial aid documents (including your signed award letter, tax forms and other verification documents, Master Promissory Notes, and Entrance Counseling) before completing your SFA. You will make payment arrangements for your balance due, set up a bookstore voucher or refund options with a credit balance. You can do this online through the student portal or in person at the Express Center in Walsh Hall. This must be done each semester.