Graduate Financial Aid
College of Saint Mary will work with you to make your advanced degree possible.
Our Financial Aid team will guide you through the steps to apply for financial aid resources including the following:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan — Fixed interest loan available to any eligible graduate student enrolled at least half time with no required demonstration of financial need.
- Federal Direct GradPLUS Loan — Credit-based loan for graduate students enrolled at least half time to help pay for education expenses not covered by other financial aid.
- Credit-based loans from private lenders with terms, including fees, interest rates, creditworthiness and repayment, set by the lender making the loan. Loan amount is subject to cost of attendance limits.
Other resources for aid include outside scholarships (see the notice on this page), veterans' benefits and vocational rehabilitation. You must notify our Financial Aid Office of any outside assistance you receive as it will be considered in the financial aid process. Your total financial aid package cannot exceed the total cost of attendance at College of Saint Mary.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs education benefits
- Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC)
- Vocational rehabilitation programs
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
- Health professions
Contact the finaid [at] csm.edu (subject: Graduate%20Financial%20Aid%20Resources) (Financial Aid Office) at 800-926-5534 x2362 or 402-399-2362 to get started.
Applying for Financial Aid
We’re Here to Assist You
Applying for financial aid can seem intimidating, but we are here to guide you through the process, answer your questions and assist you at any time. You can reach the finaid [at] csm.edu (financial aid office) at 800-926-5534 x2362 or 402-399-2362 .
The first step to obtaining financial aid is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov. Just follow the steps below to apply for financial aid:
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov. Submit the FAFSA beginning October 1. College of Saint Mary’s federal school code is 002540.
- Apply and be accepted to a degree or certificate program at College of Saint Mary.
- Once you submit your FAFSA, you will receive your Student Aid Report (SAR). Verify all information. If you included the College of Saint Mary federal school code on your FAFSA application, we will also receive a copy to help us determine your financial aid package.
- In the meantime, research and apply for private scholarships and grants that you might qualify to receive. Check with your employer or any organizations associated with your field of study and check various online sources.
- Upon receiving your financial aid award letter from College of Saint Mary, you must review, sign and return it to our Financial Aid Office. You must also compete any other forms as required and provide required documentation to complete your financial aid file. Your admissions counselor will contact you within a few days after you receive this letter to discuss your aid and answer questions you may have.
- Complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov.
- Complete your Semester Financial Arrangements (SFA) with College of Saint Mary. You must submit all required financial aid documents (including your signed award letter, tax forms and other verification documents, Master Promissory Note, and Entrance Counseling) before completing your SFA. You will make payment arrangements for your balance due, set up a bookstore voucher or refund options with a credit balance. You can do this online through the student portal or in person at the Express Center in Walsh Hall. This must be done each semester.