For the Media
Media Resources for Our Tuition Reduction
Thank you for your interest in our efforts to make education more accessible and affordable for all women.
- Tuition Reduction Press Release (PDF)
- Tuition Reduction FAQs (PDF)
- 2016 Enrollment Snapshot Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Lumina Foundation – Rule of 10 (PDF)
- Trends in College Pricing (PDF)
- Download Full Press Kit (ZIP)
- "College of St. Mary to cut sticker price by $10,000, citing fears of excluding lower-income students", Omaha World Herald article, 10/18/16
- "College of St. Mary reduces student tuition 33%", KMTV, 10/18/16
- "College of Saint Mary cuts tuition by $10,000", WOWT, 10/19/16
Watch an interview with President Maryanne Stevens, RSM
Watch a story with Alumna Stacey Flowers
Watch the commercial
The decision for us to reduce tuition was three years in the making. We saw a real problem and decided to take a stand. Here are some relevant articles that discuss the issues students and their families are facing today.
- “Accounting For The Rise In College Tuition”: Applying The Model To State Tuition Data
- CNBC: Why does a college degree cost so much?
- Forbes: 15 Surprising Findings From A New Report On Paying For College
- Most parents are "flying blind" on the real costs of post-secondary education: CIBC Poll
Thank you for your interest in College of Saint Mary!
There are often many activities taking place on our campus for our students, faculty and staff and for the Greater Omaha community. See our news and events pages to keep up on what's happening at College of Saint Mary.
Another great way to stay in touch with all that is happening is to sign up for Good News, a helpful resource provided by email to the media every Monday during the academic year. Here you will find story ideas and information about special events, research and experiences taking place on the campus.
Blong [at] csm.edu (Subscribe)
For interviews, photos and media requests please contact:
ksemprini [at] csm.edu (Kyle Semprini), Director of Public Affairs & University Communications, 402-399-2407.
College of Saint Mary faculty and staff have depth of expertise in a variety of topics. We are happy to provide access to these experts as sources.