CSM Summer Academies
College of Saint Mary’s summer academies is a unique one-week opportunity for Latina and African/ African-American girls designed to prepare students for success in education beyond high school. During the academy, students will learn how to prepare for college entrance, take college-like courses, participate in cultural activities and live in a college residence hall. Academy participants must be upcoming 10th or 11th graders.
This year students will have the opportunity to engage in activities and course work that focuses on kinesiology, anatomy and physiology, and genetics.
Participants in the summer academies will:
- Discover their potential, make new friends and have fun!
- Explore ways to increase their academic success, college readiness and personal responsibility.
- Network with professional women who've successfully completed college and have professional careers in around the Omaha metro area.
- Hear from current college students and recent graduates about the importance of perseverance and resilience.
Applications should be submitted through our online application system and are reviewed on a rolling basis through the application deadline. Priority admission will be granted to those who complete the application by Monday, April 15, 2019.
Applications received after the final application deadline will be considered but not guaranteed admission.
There is a $25.00 fee. Admission decisions will be mailed to you along with options on how to make the $25.00 payment.
The final application deadline is Friday, May 31, 2019.
Priority Admission Criteria
A successful applicant should:
- Complete the online application prior to the priority deadline; Monday, April 15, 2019
- Upload the most recent high school transcript
- Upload a completed essay
Upload a copy of your high school transcript into the online application. The transcript must include one full academic year of grades. If your transcript does not include one year of grades, you may upload a mid-term or interim report card.
Write an essay that answers the questions below. Your answers should be between 200-500 words for each question. Please include your name at the top of each page of your essay before uploading.
1) Tell us about yourself.
2) What are you goals after high school graduation?
3) How will participating in the Summer Academy help you achieve your future goals?
Before you begin this application, please make sure you have the following information:
1) Your address, cell phone number and e-mail address
2) Your parent/guardians address, home phone number, cell phone number and e-mail address
3) Your current GPA
4) A copy of your High School Transcript in a format that can be uploaded
5) Your essay in a Word or .PDF document that can be uploaded.