CSM Summer Academies
College of Saint Mary is excited to announce the expanded offerings of its 2020 Summer Academy Programs for all girls of color! We are hosting two separate week-long residential experiences on our campus for girls in grades ten through twelve. With the theme of Positive Vibes: Mind over Matter, participants will learn about neuroscience and how their mentality can positively impact their mind, body and spirit. Students will live in a college residence hall, interact with students and engage in the community.
During the academies, upcoming high school sophomores, juniors and seniors will:
- Receive a $500 SCHOLARSHIP to CSM
- Learn from a STEAM curriculum
- Get acquainted with college life and meet new friends
- Meet professional women in the community
- Participate in cultural activities
June 7 - 12: Upcoming sophomores and juniors.
June 14 - 19: Upcoming seniors.
In addition to the list above, participants will:
- Receive assistance with applying and preparing for college
- Create a plan to apply to 10 colleges and/or universities and for 5 scholarships
Applications for the Summer Academies should be submitted through our online application below.
The fee is $25 for the entire week of classes and activities.
The deadline to apply is Friday, May 22, 2020.
Please encourage students to sign up early, as the spaces fill up quickly.
A successful applicant should:
- Complete the online application prior to the deadline; Friday, May 22, 2020
- Upload the most recent high school transcript
- Upload a completed essay
Upload a copy of your high school transcript into the online application. The transcript must include one full academic year of grades. If your transcript does not include one year of grades, you may upload a mid-term or interim report card.
Write an essay that answers the questions below. Your answers should be between 200-500 words for each question. Please include your name at the top of each page of your essay before uploading.
1) Tell us about yourself.
2) What are you goals after high school graduation?
3) How will participating in the Summer Academy help you achieve your future goals?
Before you begin this application, please make sure you have the following information:
1) Your address, cell phone number and e-mail address
2) Your parent/guardians address, home phone number, cell phone number and e-mail address
3) Your current GPA
4) A copy of your High School Transcript in a format that can be uploaded
5) Your essay in a Word or .PDF document that can be uploaded.