CSM Summer Academies
College of Saint Mary’s summer academies are unique one-week opportunities for Latina and African/ African-American girls designed to prepare students for success in education beyond high school. During the academy, students will learn how to prepare for college entrance, take college-like courses, participate in cultural activities and live in a college residence hall. Academy participants must be rising 10th or 11th graders.
The academies feature activities in the STEAM fields (science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math).
Participants in the summer academies will:
- Discover their potential, make new friends and have fun!
- Discover ways to increase their academic success, college readiness and personal responsibility.
- Network with professional women in the community who have successfully completed college and have professional careers in Omaha.
- Hear from current college students and recent graduates about the importance of perseverance and resilience.
Applications should be submitted through our online application system. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis through the application deadline. Priority admission will be granted to those who complete the application by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will be considered but not guaranteed admission. Admission decisions will be mailed to you after the application deadline.
Priority Admission criteria
A successful application should:
Complete the online application prior to April 16, 2018
Upload the most recent high school transcript
Upload a completed essay
Pay the $25.00 academy fee
Upload a copy of your high school transcript into the online application. The transcript must include one full academic year of grades. If your transcript does not include one year of grades, you may upload a mid-term or interim report card.
Upload your completed essay into the online application. Please include your name on the top of your essay. Answers should be between 300-500 words in length for each question. (Maximum 1,500 words total).
- Tell us about yourself
- What are your goals after graduation?
- How do you see the Academy playing a role in your future goals?