IRA Charitable Rollover
By taking a distribution from your IRA this year, you will likely pay more in taxes and may even reach a higher tax bracket. Rolling over part of your IRA’s “required minimum distribution” or “RMD” to a charity like College of Saint Mary can help reduce your tax bill.
If you are 72 or older and don’t need all of your RMD, you can make a gift of up to $100,000 this year to help further CSM’s mission. Compare the impact of taking your RMD versus the benefits of making an IRA charitable rollover gift to CSM:
Taking Your RMD
- You pay income tax on your distribution
- You may not need or want the money
- Your tax dollars go to Washington
- You are limited by the RMD rules
Making an IRA Gift
- You will pay no income tax on your gift
- You can help support your favorite causes
- Your gift can help build your charitable legacy
- You can use your IRA in the way you want
For more information, contact: Sara Titus, JD, Director of Planned Giving & Stewardship at stitus [at] csm.edu or 402-399-2331.