Graduate with a Doctor of Physical Therapy in just 2.5 years!
Courses are taught in a Hybrid model (both online and in-person), flexible and convenient from the comfort of your own home.
- Learn from a hybrid model with core faculty that are certified in online instruction. This learning approach offers you the opportunity to study from a location convenient to you and your life circumstances while attending onsite program sessions throughout the year.
- Our DPT faculty consists of more than a dozen scholars and clinicians from around the US. All hold doctoral degrees, and several have advanced clinical certifications representing a variety of specialty training areas.
- Apply knowledge and skills learned in academic courses to clinical experiences at one of our many active clinical partner sites across the country in a variety of settings, including hospitals, rehabilitation centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health, schools, and outpatient clinics.
- Students complete two 16-week full-time clinical experiences in both medically-complex and community-based settings.
- GRE is NOT required.
- Begin this program with a bachelors degree and receive your Doctor of Physical Therapy in just 2.5 years.
The U.S. Department of Labor projects employment of physical therapists to increase by 21% through 2030. The national average median annual salary is $91,010.
Source: U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration
DPT Admissions Decisions
Completion of basic requirements does not guarantee an interview or admission into CSM’s DPT program. CSM’s Physical Therapy Admission Committee uses a selection model to choose which candidates best qualify for the program and practice of the profession from a pool of applicants. Admission is based on quality of baccalaureate academic institution, cumulative and prerequisite GPA, difficulty of prior coursework, references, and applicant interview.
CSM Doctor of Physical Therapy Program Mission Statement
The CSM DPT Program’s mission is to offer a blended curriculum to prepare competent, compassionate, and professional physical therapists who demonstrate excellence in the physical therapy practice to diverse and medically underserved communities. The program prepares graduates to be lifelong learners and health care leaders in accordance with the values of CSM as inspired by the Sisters of Mercy: excellence, service, dignity, compassion, inclusivity, and integrity.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy at College of Saint Mary is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, Virginia 22305-3085; telephone: 703-706-3245; email; accreditation [at] apta.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 402-399-2640 or email kgause [at] csm.edu.
College of Saint Mary seeks to make available all online programs/courses to residents of Nebraska and other states, and to allow completion of required clinical or practical experiences in those states. We work through the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) process and with states directly to ensure that when authorization or licensure is necessary, required approvals are secured. Nebraska is a member of SARA and CSM is an approved SARA institution. As such, we adhere to a set of national standards for interstate offering of post-secondary distance education courses and programs. SARA also covers all interstate placements in clinical or practical situations among SARA member states, no matter the nature of the main program. However, not all states are SARA members (i.e. California). While we do monitor the laws in each state, authorization of distance education is a dynamic environment and prospective students should check often for updates. It is the student’s responsibility to understand current circumstances or special requirements in their state of residence.
Compliments and/or Feedback
Positive feedback and/or concerns that fall outside of due process should be directed to:
Dr. Kimberly Varnado,Program Director kvarnado [at] csm.edu 402-399-2305 or
Dr. Mindy Barna, Associate Dean for Health Professions, mbarna [at] csm.edu, 402-399-2377
In order to submit your application please follow this link to PTCAS. Once you have an account you will be able to find College of Saint Mary in Omaha, NE. Follow the instructions and submit your application materials including: Resume or curriculum vitae, two letters of reference, community involvement, observation hours, etc. Please give about 2 weeks for us to review all of your materials and remember that all communication will be conducted through the email you provide.
Meet the Doctor of Physical Therapy Faculty