Doctor of Education Degree (Ed.D.)
Get Ahead with your Ed.D.
College of Saint Mary's online Doctor of Education Degree (Ed.D.) offers you the opportunity to take your career to the next level. You will be immersed in relevant and interactive courses in curriculum, assessment, teaching and learning, leadership and more.
- No prerequisites required
- Feels like face-to-face, but conveniently online
- With a dissertation integrated throughout course work, you'll finish on time with less stress
- Tailored to your area of focus and your professional goals
- Offered as a cohort program, starting every August
Applications are due May 1st
This degree, along with your current robust career experience, will demonstrate to others that you are prepared to lead in organizations and contribute to the professional development of others. This program will assist you in further developing your knowledge and skills of leadership, teaching and learning, and research.
Your Doctorate of Education will prepare you to lead & teach in a multitude of areas including
- Higher Education
- Educational Leadership in the Healthcare Setting
- Curriculum/Program Director/Department Chair
- Professional Development Director
- Training and Development in the Corporate Setting
With this major, you will be fully qualified to teach and lead at any level of education or in businesses/corporations. With this emphasis, you could seek positions like curriculum/program director, department chair, or education or professional development director. The U.S. Department of Labor anticipates up to a 21 percent increase in demand for education administrators by 2022.
College of Saint Mary is approved to offer online programming by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA). College of Saint Mary is authorized to deliver online programs and courses to students residing in the United States, excluding U.S. territories of Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. If you have questions about enrolling in the online program, contact Enrollment Services.