Mission and Duties
The purpose of Student Senate is to:
- Create, promote and encourage a sense of cooperation between students, faculty and administration.
- Create a sense of responsibility for student duties and obligations, as well as for student rights and privileges.
- Provide an opportunity for the continuing development of responsible leadership.
- Be the CSM student voice on college-wide committees and task forces.
- Student Senate meets every Monday at 1 p.m. in the Planning Room of the Walsh Administration Building.
- The first portion of each meeting is dedicated to Senate business. The other half is allotted for individual committee meetings.
- Meetings are open to all CSM students.
All Senators spend one hour in the Student Senate office each week. Any student may use this time to interact with Senate members.
Each committee has a Chair that is responsible for making sure all of the duties/activities are carried out.
Organize and facilitate all elections for the year including:
- Queen of Hearts elections.
- Senate appointments.
- Job Well Done awards for fall and spring semesters.
- Senate and non-Senate grants.
Campus Issues Committee
- Organize and facilitate President Live each semester.
- Plan Recognition Day in conjunction with elections.
- Create, distribute and tabulate the campus–wide survey.
- Meet with students to answer their questions or support ideas they may have.
Queen of Hearts Committee
- Responsible for planning the annual Queen of Hearts Celebration which honors the leadership, character and service of College of Saint Mary students.
Community Spirit Committee
- Plan Spirit games to support all athletic teams.
- Plan one community service project each semester for Student Senate.
- Plan Casino Night for Welcome Days.
- Dania Cervantes Ayala — Executive
- Ashley Tagart — Executive
- Christina Ternent — Secretary
Hixson-Lied Commons, Room 138