University announces plans for 2020 Commencement
College of Saint Mary’s 2020 Commencement will be held at CHI Health Center beginning at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, August 2nd.
The ceremony will include the academic procession of graduates, a prayer service, the national anthem, and an address by Federal Judge Laurie Smith Camp, who will speak about the importance of voting, recalling that 100 years ago women won the opportunity to vote in national elections.
The University will announce the names and honors for all undergraduates, and the master's degree students will wear their hoods as part of the ceremonies. Nursing grads will receive their pins at this time as well.
All graduates and guests are strongly encouraged to wear face masks. CSM made the decision not to hold the on-campus events as originally planned on the evening of Saturday, August 1.
Sunday, August 2nd - 10:30 a.m. Commencement at the CHI Health Center
- Arena will open at 9:15 a.m. Please arrive no later than 9:45 a.m.
- The ceremony will last approximately 1 hour.
- Professional photos will be taken as graduates receive their diploma.
- There will also be family picture taking stations in the main lobby.
- Graduates are asked to please return their robe to the robing area in exchange for their diploma. The hood, cap and tassel can be taken home.
Full details on Commencement 2020 can be found here.