CSM Summer Academies
College of Saint Mary is excited to announce the expanded offerings of its Summer Academy Programs for all young women of color! We are hosting two separate week-long experiences on our campus for young women in grades ten through twelve. Participants will interact with CSM students and engage in the community.
During the academies, upcoming high school sophomores, juniors and seniors will:
- Receive a $500 SCHOLARSHIP to CSM
- Learn from a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) curriculum
- Get acquainted with college life and meet new friends
- Meet professional women in the community
- Participate in cultural experiences
- Live in the residence halls
- Learn about the process of selecting and applying to colleges
June 4th - 9th: Upcoming sophomores and juniors.
June 11th - 16th: Upcoming seniors.
Applications for the Summer Academies should be submitted through our online application below. Space is limited to 30 participants for each week.
The fee is $25 for the entire week of classes and activities.
This fee can be waived.
Participants Must Accept by
|April 28th||May 1st||May 8th|
A successful applicant should:
- Complete the online application prior to the deadline
- Upload the most recent high school transcript
- Upload a completed essay
Upload a copy of your high school transcript into the online application. The transcript must include one full academic year of grades. If your transcript does not include one year of grades, you may upload a mid-term or interim report card.
Write an essay that answers the prompt below. Your answers should be between 200-500 words. Please include your name at the top of each page of your essay before uploading.
Prompt: Tell us about yourself and why you are interested in participating in the academies.
Before you begin this application, please make sure you have the following information:
1. Your address, cell phone number and e-mail address
2. Your parent/guardians address, home phone number, cell phone number and e-mail address
3. Your essay in a Word or .PDF document that can be uploaded.
4. A copy of your High School Transcript in a format that can be uploaded (Senior Applicants Only)
Questions and Answers
The registration fee is $25.00. All other costs during the Summer Academies (including, activities, transportation, and meals) are fully covered by the College of Saint Mary. Students may bring spending money to use at the campus Coffee House, bookstore, and vending machines.
*This fee can be waived.
The Summer Academies are filled with academic, recreational, and cultural activities designed to provide students with the opportunity to experience what it is like to be a college student. During the Summer Academies students will take college-like courses, participate in cultural activities, and learn more about applying to and financing college. Students are supervised carefully throughout the Summer Academies, but also have the chance to experience a great deal of independence and personal accountability.
I attended the Summer Academies as a 9th, 10th, and 11th grader. Can I use all of my scholarship dollars?
Each participate receives a $500.00 scholarship when they complete the Summer Academy at the College of Saint Mary. If a student attends all three years, they may use the $1500.00 they have received in scholarship dollars.