There Are Many Ways to Fund Your College of Saint Mary Education
We’re Here to Help!
Our Financial Aid team will guide you through the steps to apply for financial aid, grants and scholarships from College of Saint Mary, federal and state governments and other resources including the following:
You may qualify to receive a scholarship and/or grant from College of Saint Mary. We offer merit- and need-based academic scholarships and athletic scholarships.
The Nebraska Opportunity Grant (NOG) is awarded to students who are Nebraska residents, Pell-eligible, and enrolled as full-time undergraduate students based on financial need. Other states may also offer similar opportunities.
Federal grants — financial aid that doesn’t have to be repaid (unless, for example, you withdraw from school and owe a refund).
- Federal Pell Grants — are awarded according to rules set by federal law to students who file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meet high-need qualifications.
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) — are awarded to Pell-eligible, full-time undergraduate students with exceptional financial need.
- Federal Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grants — are awarded to junior and senior level undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in a teacher education program deemed high need by the federal or state government. Grant recipient must fulfill a contract to work as full-time teacher in a "high-need" field in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves low-income students to prevent the grant from becoming an unsubsidized Stafford loan.
- Children of Fallen Heroes Scholarship -
- Federal scholarship program for Federal Pell Grant eligible students whose parent or guardian died in the line of duty while performing as a public safety officer. The child must be less than 24 years of age or enrolled at an institution of higher education at the time of his or her parent’s or guardian’s death.
- Increases the Federal Pell Grant eligibility to the maximum amount established for the award year. If the EFC is zero, this program does not provide any additional funding.
- The student must contact the Financial Aid Office to pursue eligibility for this scholarship.
- Work-Study — provides part-time on-campus employment while a student is enrolled in school full time.
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loan — Fixed interest loan for undergraduate students with financial need. The U.S. Department of Education pays the interest while you are in school at least half time.
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan — Fixed interest loan available to any eligible undergraduate, graduate or professional student enrolled at least half time with no required demonstration of financial need. Interest accrues immediately upon disbursement.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan — Credit-based loan for graduate or professional students enrolled at least half time and for parents of dependent undergraduate students to help pay for education expenses not covered by other financial aid.
- Nursing Loans — Nursing loans are available to undergraduate College of Saint Mary nursing students. Loans are awarded to qualified full-time students with financial need charged the package rate of tuition.
- Private Student Loans — Credit-based loans from private lenders with terms, including fees, interest rates, creditworthiness and repayment, set by the lender making the loan. Loan amount is subject to cost of attendance limits.
- FastChoice provides information on alternative student loans and lenders.
Other resources for aid include outside scholarships (see the notice on this page), veterans' benefits and vocational rehabilitation. You must notify our Financial Aid Office of any outside assistance you receive as it will be considered in the financial aid process. Your total financial aid package cannot exceed the total cost of attendance at College of Saint Mary.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs education benefits
- Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC)
- Vocational rehabilitation programs
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
- Job Training — Workforce Investment Act (WIA). Provides preparation for post-secondary education and/or job training.
- Health professions
- Ameica Chemical Society
Contact the finaid [at] csm.edu (subject: Financial%20Aid%20Resources) (Financial Aid Office )at 800-926-5534, ext. 2362, or 402-399-2362 to get started.