Striding Forward Campaign
Boldly Creating More Opportunities for More Women
College of Saint Mary is educating more women today than ever before, and we are ready to take bold steps into the future.
In July of 2017, College of Saint Mary began a $40 million Striding Forward Campaign to grow our endowment, annual scholarships and expand our wellness and athletic facilities. With the support of alumnae, generous donors and friends, we hope to achieve this historic $40 million milestone by September 2022. As we near our 100th anniversary in 2023, the successful completion of this campaign will allow College of Saint Mary to educate and empower even more women giving them the opportunities they need to stride boldly into the future.
Your investment will impact our students, campus and community. Creating access to education for women isn’t just creating opportunities; it is also delivering a path to success. Over 98% of CSM students receive financial aid in the form of grants or scholarships. These opportunities help to ensure students complete their education and graduate with less debt.
College of Saint Mary Scholarship and Grants include:
- Academic Achievement Scholarships: $2,000, $4,000 and $6,000 annual scholarships are awarded to students for academic merit.
- Athletic Scholarships: $18,000, $16,000, $8,000, $5,000, $2,000 annual scholarships are awarded to student-athletes.
- Catherine McAuley Grants: Offered to students who have high-financial need.
- Marie Curie Scholarships: Annual scholarships up to $20,000 for four years is available to women who plan to major in mathematics, biology or chemistry.
- Misericordia Grants: Tuition assistance is provided to undocumented students who are not eligible for federal financial assistance.
A gift to our endowment is a gift that keeps on giving. CSM will invest the funds and then use a portion of the interest each year to support scholarships as designated by you.
An endowed scholarship is an ideal way to leave your legacy at CSM. Customize your very own endowed scholarship in your or your family’s name and determine the criteria for the award. The minimum amount to endow a scholarship is $25,000.
An understanding of the human condition can be complete only if it includes a generous exposure to the visual and performing arts. CSM is committed to immersing its students in the arts—making campus life compelling, allowing every student to express what is in her heart, and complete what Catherine McAuley called the “careful education of women.” Your investment in our arts endowment will fill campus with beautiful sights and sounds, and the souls of our students with truth and beauty.
Inspired and engaged faculty are at the core of an exceptional learning experience for students. Exposure to new ideas and information deepens the knowledge of our professors. Gifts to this endowment will cover costs for faculty to conduct research and attend professional conferences.
CSM offers many programs that reach out to the greater Omaha area to support underserved women and girls and/or underserved populations.
- Summer Academies: Week-long residential opportunity for girls of color entering their sophomore or junior year of high school. Students experience what life is like on a college campus and learn to prepare for college-like courses.
- Operation SMART: In partnership with Girls, Inc., CSM welcomes K-6 grade girls of diverse ethnic and socioeconomic groups to receive instruction in Science, Math, And Relevant Technology (SMART). Taught by CSM education students, the participants work extensively with computers, cameras and other technology to learn science and math coursework.
- Elementary Teacher Workshops: Opportunity for area elementary school teachers to improve their science background. Taught by CSM education and science faculty, the elementary teachers develop hands-on activities that can be taken back to their classrooms.
- Elementary Science Outreach Program: CSM student-driven and faculty managed program which brings educational hands-on science activities to Omaha-area elementary classrooms.
At the heart of CSM’s mission is a call to create experiences that empower women for success in life.
Involvement in athletics has a positive impact on women. Studies indicate that females who play sports do better in school, achieve more in areas where women are under-represented, such as science, and hold better jobs as adults. As a women’s college, it is crucial that we invest in health, wellness and athletics for our students and the community.
- Annual Athletic Scholarships: Four levels of scholarships are awarded to student-athletes on an annual basis. $18,000 (impact player), $16,000 (impact player) $8,000, $5,000, $2,000.
- Endowed Athletic Scholarships: Keep your legacy alive by endowing your own scholarship to support Flames athletes for years to come. Scholarships are fully endowed at $25,000.
- Give to Individual Sports: You can give to any of CSM’s 11 athletic teams to defray the cost of uniforms, travel expenses, equipment, etc.
Over the years, College of Saint Mary has raised significant money to develop new programs, provide scholarships for students, and renovate and build new learning spaces.
While there have always been other donors, our alumnae have been key to these efforts. You are the ones who know the College of Saint Mary story and its evolution over time. You are the ones who have stories of success as a result of being called forth to be walking women of courage, conviction and faith on this campus. Thus, it seemed fitting to ask alums to lead this Striding Forward Campaign. We reached out, and the women below graciously agreed to ask their classmates and friends to help us reach our goal. We are grateful, and we ask you to take their calls!