College of Saint Mary Student Learning Goals
COMPETENCE AND WISDOM
Students will be well-prepared to contribute to society as educated citizens.
- Think creatively, critically, and reflectively, incorporating theory and practice.
- Communicate effectively in writing, speech, and non-verbal expressions.
- Understand, analyze, and draw reasoned conclusions using quantitative information.
- Utilize current technological media in a proficient manner.
- Demonstrate financial literacy.
Students will become professionally competent.
- Demonstrate basic mastery in their disciplines.
- Plan and think analytically and strategically.
- Conduct primary and/or secondary research.
- Understand the value of the liberal arts.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
Students will enrich their spirituality.
- Appreciate religion and spirituality.
- Develop moral and ethical principles.
- Cultivate the integration of faith and reason.
- Understand the Critical Concerns of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Appreciate beauty and its link with peace.
WORTH AND DIGNITY
Students will deepen their sense of personal worth and human dignity.
- Appreciate the fundamental dignity of all persons.
- Engage in thoughtful self-reflection.
- Exhibit work/life balance.
- Develop confidence as a woman.
- Work effectively within groups and teams.
Students will be effective leaders.
- Utilize effective leadership styles and approaches.
- Experience opportunities to exercise leadership.
- Understand the link between service and leadership.
- Recognize human interdependence with the earth, its resources, and all of creation.
- Contribute to the common good.
GLOBAL AND CULTURAL COMPETENCE
Students will broaden their personal and professional perspectives.
- Acknowledge the sources of personal perspectives and attitudes.
- Evaluate historical, cultural, environmental, sociological, and political influences.
- Create an inclusive environment that embraces differences.
- Challenge bias and inequity.
- Engage in thoughtful/respectful civil discourse.
- Experience another culture within or beyond the United States.