A minor in Spanish will prove quite practical in your career, as Spanish is the most studied language other than English in the United States, with about six million students. With over 55 million native speakers, heritage language speakers, and second-language speakers, the United States now has the second-largest Spanish-speaking population in the world after Mexico.
This program provides the opportunity to learn and practice the four language skills: Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing, among the review of cultural aspects and literature related to the Hispanic countries.
You must take 18 credit hours of Spanish courses, which depending on your previous experience, include:
- Beginning Spanish, I & II.
- Intermediate Spanish, I & II.
- Spanish Conversation or Spanish Advanced Conversation.
- Spanish Grammar & Composition.
- Culture and Civilization, I & II.
- Survey Literature, I & II.
- Other advanced Spanish courses.
Get ready to learn or improve your Spanish and open the door to a successful future!