The Medical Interpreting Certificate
This program provides professional training to bilingual speakers (Spanish or any other language) who seek training in interpretation techniques, situation specific terminology and ethics of the industry. If you complete this 12- hour certificate program, you will be prepared to take the certification exam of the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters or at least have taken the minimum of 40 contact hours of training included among the requisites for taking that exam.
- Foundations of Interpreting
- Musculoskeletal, Cardio and Digestive Systems
- Reproductive and Respiratory Systems
- Medical Terminology
How to Register
After you talk to the program director regarding the program and courses, you can register by following the steps below:
- Click here to create an account
- Fill out the online form
- Registrar’s Office will send a copy of your registration to your email
- You will then receive a CSM login and password
- The Express Center will send you a statement or you can contact them to make pay arrangements
For questions, contact the Express Center at 402-399-2429 or expresscenter2 [at] csm.edu. The Registrar’s Office can be reached at 402-399-2443 or registrar [at] csm.edu.