CSM Elementary Teacher Workshops
Physical Sciences I & Life Sciences or Physical Sciences II & Math
CSM is proud to announce a unique opportunity for elementary school teachers who teach science to improve their science background, teaching and engagement of students through a series of workshops. Participants have the opportunity to choose one of the two workshops offered. Each workshop will take place from October 2022 through April 2023. Each month participants will work directly with College of Saint Mary education and science faculty to develop hands-on activities that can be delivered in their classrooms.
Who May Participate?
This workshop is open to men and women educators at any point in their career looking to add new skills and knowledge.
Key Points About the Workshop Series
- $250 stipend per teacher to be used for classroom science teaching supplies
- Preference is given to schools who send two teachers (one K-2 and one 3-5)
- Form a network of teachers for support and program connections
- Receive two graduate level education credits completely free
- Enrich your science background
- October 1, 2022
- November 5, 2022
- December 3, 2022
- February 4, 2023
- March 4, 2023
- April 1, 2023
Time: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm (lunch is included in fee)
Cost: $60.00 fee to cover the cost of lunch and to hold your spot
Deadline for applications is September 16, 2022 or until filled.
If you have questions about enrolling in the Science Workshop, contact Dr. Amanda Roe, aroe [at] csm.edu.