$80,000 Marie Curie Scholarship
Pursue Your Passion in Mathematics, Chemistry or Biology
With the support of the National Science Foundation, College of Saint Mary offers a unique and competitive program for academically talented students who excel in math and science. Our Marie Curie Scholarship provides significant financial support and resources for young women who want to major in Biology, Chemistry or Mathematics.
You could receive up to $20,000 toward your College of Saint Mary education each year while you live on campus and continue to meet program requirements. That is up to $80,000 for a four year degree! Marie Curie Scholars receive academic support from tutors, gain research opportunities, enjoy a community of bright, science and math minded women, and participate in seminars and student clubs.
In addition to financial support toward tuition, Marie Curie Scholars also have these great opportunities:
- Participate in undergraduate research with doctorate-level faculty in biology, chemistry and math.
- Funding for student travel to a national conference to present student research in the junior or senior year.
- Experience the Marie Curie Science and Math Boot Camp. Dust off science and math skills, and be at peak performance when classes begin.
- Enjoy the friendship and fun that goes with having a Marie Curie “Big Sister.” Returning Marie Curie Scholars help entering Scholars adjust to college-level science and math courses, and engage in the campus community.
- Free tutoring in advanced and upper-level science and math courses.
- If less than 12 credit hours of college coursework, a high school GPA of 3.5 or better (on a 4.0 scale) and an ACT composite score of 23 or higher, or a SAT (ERW+M) score of 1140 or higher
- If 12 credit hours or more of college coursework, a college cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher with a cumulative GPA in science and math of 3.0 or higher.
- Apply and be accepted to College of Saint Mary by the Marie Curie application deadline.
- Major in biology, chemistry or mathematics.
January - February
- Complete a Marie Curie Scholarship application form.
- Submit a letter of recommendation.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Interview with the College of Saint Mary Marie Curie Scholarship Selection Committee.